Anger Management is a cognitive-behavioral program designed and developed by the Division of Corrections in partnership with PSIMED CORRECTIONS, LLC, and the WV Department of Education to educate and challenge the beliefs of offenders in order to improve the offender’s ability to manage anger and interact with others in a socially acceptable manner.
General Intent of the Anger Management Program
- To increase offender responsibility for their own emotions and subsequent reactions to those emotions.
- To provide skills in the core components of anger management including: rational thinking, physical responses, and behavior responses.
- To increase offender ability to react to conflict in an assertive manner rather than aggressive one.
- To equip the offender with healthy interventions to stress.
- To develop effective communication skills in the offender.